|Location-Based Marketing For Dummies|
Location-Based Marketing for Dummies is packed full of useful information broken up into five sections:
- Putting a Little "Location" in Your Marketing Campaign - which goes over the different location-based services and how they are used by consumers
- Location-Based Marketing in Action - which covers the tactical parts of putting together a location-based campaign of your own
- Integrating Location into Other Channels - covering the more strategic aspects of incorporating location-based activities into a larger marketing plan
- Measuring Your Return on Investment - there's no point in implementing an online marketing plan of any kind if you don't attempt to measure its success; very important information is in this section
- The Part of Tens - which is a collection of lists with a lot of interesting and useful information including some possibly up-and-coming location services
All in all this book is easy to understand and breaks down the information in such a way that it's more of a step-by-step guide rather than just a "for Dummies" book. I very much liked how it was organized to take someone from "zero to sixty" in a short time, getting them going on using location-based services as part of their marketing strategy. It's full of useful ideas and tips to help anyone plan and run an excellent program, complete with coupons and loyalty rewards, if those are desired components.
I especially appreciate the measurement section. All too often we're told that online marketing efforts really can't be measured. This is not true, and I'm happy to see this book includes an entire section devoted to this very important aspect of a successful online location-based program.
I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to learn more about location-based technologies and how to use them for business purposes. I think it would be especially useful to the small- or medium-sized business owner or marketing person who is looking to get an edge over the competition. That being said, those with larger companies, especially those with multiple locations, can also learn a lot from this work.
Disclaimer: I requested an advanced copy of the book and received one free of charge to me. This is, still, my honest opinion of the work.