|Image via CrunchBase|
- Add a new post to your Facebook wall. Do this every few days as new messages will gradually push your call to action down the page. You can also send a group message to all of your fans.
- Send a Tweet out and add "Retweet if you love this." Allow the message to get spread further than just your followers. People who love your business will want to share it with their friends.
- Tell your customers directly. Have you ever tried to check out at Kohls or another department store? They always ask if you want to sign up for their credit card and save 10% on the spot. Same goes for your mobile marketing campaign. Offer a reward on the spot for signing up. The auto-reply message will display on their phone in seconds after they text your keyword to the shortcode.
- Add the call to action to your Yelp review. Yelp users only visit an average of three business listing before deciding on a place to spend their money at. Give the readers on Yelp a great reason to visit yours by placing a mobile call to action that puts your offer right on their phone.
- Place a mobile phone graphic and the call to action on your website. Adding this is an easy way to capture and convert web traffic into real sales. Write a new blog post about your mobile campaign and what type of offers your customers can expect.
- Make up simple "box toppers," those of you in the pizza business know how powerful these can be to get customers to return to your business. Retail and restaurants should add the mobile call to action on the bottom of receipts or include it on a comment card you hand each visitor.
- Educate your staff. You can't do it all and the success of any marketing program often rests in their hands. Make sure your staff knows about the text marketing campaign, how it works, how it will benefit them and their excitement when telling customers about it will lead to higher opt-ins.
- Send an email blast out promoting the new marketing offer and describe the benefit customers will receive for signing up. We have seen businesses that offer something free to the customers on their next visit to grow their mobile database the quickest.
- Place a sign in your window. This will help capture opt-ins from people not visiting your business and leads to new customers trying you out for the first time. How many times has a coupon or special offer lead you to try a business for the first time? Give people a reason to spend money with you.
- Integrate into traditional marketing mediums such as newspaper, direct mail, radio or television. Don't go out and start a new campaign in these mediums if they are not part of your regular marketing strategy but if they are, adding the mobile call to action will increase their effectiveness by capturing opt-ins and delivering your offer right to their phone leading to higher redemption rates.
Most of these ways to promote your mobile call to action such as integrating with social media and other Internet sites takes less than an hour. Other methods are equally as simple and only take a little time. Building your list with mobile marketing is mostly hands-off and the results in redemption rates and return on investment are unmatched in marketing today. Take some time in the beginning and your text marketing efforts will pay off for months and years to come.